Enter our March 2015 book giveaway competition to win a copy of Children of the Street (by Kwei Quartey). A physician and novelist, Ghanaian author Kwei Quartey is the best selling author of Wife of the Gods (2009), Children of the Street (2011), Murder at Cape Three Points (2014). He anticipates publication of the fourth Darko Dawson novel in the series, Gold of the Fathers, in early January 2016. Quartey currently lives in Pasedena, California.
About Children of the Street…
In the slums of Accra, Ghana’s fast-moving, cosmopolitan capital, teenagers are turning up dead. Inspector Darko Dawson has seen many crimes, but his latest string of murders — in which all the young victims bear a chilling signature — is the most unsettling of his career. Are these heinous acts a form of ritual killing or the work of a lone, cold-blooded monster? With time running out, Dawson embarks on a harrowing journey through the city’s underbelly and confronts the brutal world of the urban poor, where street children are forced to fight for their very survival — and a cunning killer seems just out of reach.
Praise for Children of the Street
“Mystery fans have an important new voice to savor.” — Los Angeles Times
“Engrossing… a compelling cast of characters.” — Booklist (starred review)
“Full of suspense, humor and plot twists.” — Ebony
How to Enter the Competition
Enter our March 2015 giveaway competition for a chance to win your copy of Children of the Street (by Kwei Quartey). Simply follow the instructions below. If you are not a registered Africa Book Club subscriber, you will need to join first. Then, simply go ahead and answer the question below to enter.
- Name at least one other novel written by Kwei Quartey?
Please email your answers to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: March 2015 Book Giveaway
Tip: Answers to the questions can be found by browsing the Africa Book Club site.
Remember the Rules:
- This competition is open to all registered subscribers/members of the Africa Book Club anywhere in the world. Non-members can subscribe here to enter the competition.
- This giveaway competition expires Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at midnight (EST).
- The winner will be drawn on (or shortly after) April 1, 2015 from all correct entries received before the closing date.
- The winner will be asked to provide a valid shipping address or an email address in case he or she prefers to receive the ebook edition.
- Africa Book Club will make a good-faith effort to ship books to anywhere in the world at standard international postal rates. Delivery times vary and may take up to five weeks for certain international destinations.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person registered as a subscriber/member of the Africa Book Club.
- The winner will be notified by email using the address through which he or she entered the competition.
- Only the winning entrant will be contacted by Africa Book Club. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s name may be published on the Book Club site after the closing of the competition.
How We Select Our Winners
All entries are assigned a unique number, ranging from 1 to the highest number. Winners are then randomly selected using the sequence generator tool. For more about this tool, visit www.random.org.