Enter our June 2015 book giveaway competition to win a copy of Mr. Fox (by Helen Oyeyemi).
First published by Picador in 2011, Mr. Fox (by Helen Oyeyemi) was one of the New York Times 100 notable books of 2011 and also among the Africa Book Club 2011 Books of the Year. For this competition, we will be giving away a copy of the paperback edition, published in 2012 by Riverhead Books.
About the Novel…
The novel centers around Mr. St. John Fox, as the main character, his wife Daphne and his muse, Mary. Fox, a writer, cannot help killing off the heroines of his stories. Things take an unexpected turn when Mary challenges Mr. Fox to join her in stories of their own devising; and in different times and places, the two of them seek each other, find each other, thwart each other, and try to stay together, even when the roles they inhabit seem to forbid it. Meanwhile, Daphne becomes convinced that her husband is having an affair, and finds her way into Mary and Mr. Fox’s game.
Praise for Mr. Fox
“Cheeky and imaginative” — The New Yorker
“Startling, beautiful … [Mr. Fox] should not be ignored.” — Chicago Sun Times
How to Enter the Competition
Enter our June 2015 giveaway competition for a chance to win your copy of Mr. Fox (by Helen Oyeyemi). Simply follow the instructions below. If you are not a registered Africa Book Club subscriber, you will need to join first. Then, simply go ahead and answer the question below to enter.
- Which author wrote the book, The Bonds of War: A Child Soldier’s Story?
Please email your answers to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: June 2015 Book Giveaway
Tip: Answers to the questions can be found by browsing the Africa Book Club site.
Remember the Rules:
- This competition is open to all registered subscribers/members of the Africa Book Club anywhere in the world. Non-members can subscribe here to enter the competition.
- This giveaway competition expires Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at midnight (EST).
- The winner will be drawn on (or shortly after) July 1, 2015 from all correct entries received before the closing date.
- The winner will be asked to provide a valid shipping address or an email address in case he or she prefers to receive the ebook edition.
- Africa Book Club will make a good-faith effort to ship books to anywhere in the world at standard international postal rates. Delivery times vary and may take up to five weeks for certain international destinations.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person registered as a subscriber/member of the Africa Book Club.
- The winner will be notified by email using the address through which he or she entered the competition.
- Only the winning entrant will be contacted by Africa Book Club. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s name may be published on the Book Club site after the closing of the competition.
How We Select Our Winners
All entries are assigned a unique number, ranging from 1 to the highest number. Winners are then randomly selected using the sequence generator tool. For more about this tool, visit www.random.org.