Africa Book Club is looking for part time book reviewers.
- 350-500 words
- Reviews to cover popular African writing – old and newly released titles.
- All reviews must be original submissions.
- Reviewers can choose from following book categories – fiction, business, children, politics, biography, cookery
- Target audience for review is general public (specifically readers with an interest in African writing), and objective is to summarize book content in an accessible writing style.
- Each book review to include story plot summary, brief commentary giving reviewer’s own take e.g. on key takeaways, rating, strengths, weaknesses etc…
To be considered, prospective reviewers need to supply a sample book review to Africa Book Club at: email@example.com. Please insert “PROSPECTIVE REVIEWER” in the subject line of your email.
Once accepted, reviewers will be asked to contribute at least 2-3 reviews a month (the more the better)
Reviewers can propose title(s) for review, otherwise, in most cases, Africa Book Club will provide a proposed list every month.
Reviewers will be paid on a piece-rate i.e. per book review, subject to acceptance.