Are you an established author looking to turbo-charge your book sales? Do you have a new book coming out? As an author, getting your book published is only the starting point. A critical next step is spreading the word about your book and ensuring that it is accessible through all viable channels. And in an increasingly online world, no author or publisher can afford to ignore digital marketing and distribution.
Africa Book Club provides a platform and several cost-effective resources to help African authors market their books and engage with readers online. Our products are designed to complement rather than substitute your own book marketing efforts. We are passionate about African literature, and our goal is simple – to help authors like you succeed in a publishing world that is changing dramatically.
Our site currently features hundreds of book reviews, monthly author interviews, regular promotions, and book recommendations by our team of reviewers. In addition, the Africa Book Club store features over 100 titles (and growing). All these free features provide opportunities for new and established authors to showcase their work with us.
The Africa Book Club Author of the Week Section
Our new Author of the Week section provides an additional opportunity to promote new and established African authors, and best of all it is free. To participate, here’s what we request from you:
1 – Answer a few questions
- About yourself – your names, your early life, where you currently live and what you do.
- About your most recent book – when did it come out? What is it about? Where can readers find it? What other books have you written?
- When did you first know you wanted to become a writer?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- Who are your favorite writers (especially African authors but others as well)?
- What’s your favorite book by an African author?
- Tell us something unique or interesting about yourself?
2 – Attach a recent photo of yourself
3 – Send us cover images for your book(s) and links to where the book can be purchased.
Simply email the above information to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll take care of the rest.
Please note that we reserve the right to edit your text for brevity and clarity. Ideally, send us no more than 400 words. Remember your profile provides readers with a window into your writing style and creativity so do take time to do this right.
With thousands of registered members and vibrant communities on Twitter and Facebook, Africa Book Club is a leading destination for readers interested in African literature. For authors interested in promoting their books, Africa Book Club provides a number of opportunities.
- Advertise Your Book (starting @ $170 per month) – cost includes initial banner design
- Sell your book through the Africa Book Club store (free)
- Work with Aalvent Media one of our marketing partners and sponsors. Click for more information.
Author Publishing Services
Aalvent Media, an Africa Book Club partner and sponsor, provides comprehensive author support services, including manuscript editing, book design and publishing, website development, and book marketing services. Whatever your needs as an author, do take a look at what Aalvent Media has to offer. Click here to learn more.
Interested? Contact us now at email@example.com and start promoting your book.