Our March book giveaway is The Boy Next Door, the award winning book by Irene Sabatini. Published in 2009 by Little, Brown and Company, the book won the 2010 Orange Award for New Writers.
Set in the 80s and 90s, in Bulawayo, the story starts when the house next door to Lindiwe Bishop’s home burns down, which results in the death of Mrs McKenzie. Ian, McKenzie’s stepson is held responsible and imprisoned but released after two years. Lindiwe can’t hide her fascination with this young, boisterous and mysterious white man, and they soon forge an unlikely closeness even as the country starts to deteriorate.
Years after circumstances split them apart, Ian returns to a much-changed Zimbabwe to see Lindiwe, now a sophisticated, impassioned young woman, and discovers a devastating secret that will alter both of their futures, and draw them closer together even as the world seems bent on keeping them apart. The Boy Next Door is a moving and powerful debut about two people finding themselves and each other in a time of national upheaval.
How to Enter (Editor’s Note: This contest is now closed)
Win a copy of The Boy Next Door (by Irene Sabatini) by entering our March 2012 giveaway competition. If you are not a registered Africa Book Club subscriber, you will need to join first. Then, simply go ahead and answer the questions below to enter.
- Which author wrote the book – Petals of Blood?
- In what country was Irene Sabatini (author of The Boy Next Door) born?
Please email your answers to: email@example.com with the subject: March 2012 Book Giveaway
Tip: Answers to the questions can be found by browsing the Africa Book Club site.
Remember the Rules:
- This competition is open to all registered subscribers/members of the Africa Book Club anywhere in the world. Non-members can subscribe here to enter the competition.
- This giveaway competition expires Saturday, March 31, 2012 at midnight (EST).
- The winner will be drawn on April 1, 2012 from all correct entries received before the closing date.
- The winner will be asked to provide a valid shipping address or an email address in case he or she prefers to receive the ebook edition.
- Africa Book Club will make a good-faith effort to ship books to anywhere in the world at standard international postal rates. Delivery times vary and may take up to five weeks for certain international destinations.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person registered as a subscriber/member of the Africa Book Club.
- The winner will be notified by email using the address through which he or she entered the competition.
- Only the winning entrant will be contacted by Africa Book Club. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s name may be published on the Book Club site after the closing of the competition.
Editor’s Note: This contest is now closed. Thank you to all who took part in this giveaway. Congratulations to our winner Beth Naidoo.
How We Select the Winners
All entries are assigned a unique number, ranging from 1 to the highest number. Winners are then randomly selected using the sequence generator tool. For more about this tool, visit www.random.org.